Sign in to follow this  
Guest JIMJAM

VSI AP Wierdness

All of a sudden I cannot input negative vsi on my planes.Say I have the AP on and using the vsi to adjust my fpm to climb.No problem. Holds that fpm and levels off at my preset altitude.However, if I try to decend, if I roll or click the vsi negative it simply pops back to either + or 0.Ive checked trims. Disabled joystick and AP and the plane stays level.Never had this problem before so i suspect something I loaded is causing this. Jim

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

>However, if I try to decend, if I roll or click the vsi negative it simply pops back to either + or 0.I don't think you can use the AP this way. Try setting the altitude to a lower value. Then you plane should begin to descend and you will be able to control the rate of descent with the vertical speed numbers. R-

Uuum Yeah.I can enter any lower altitude and this happens.PM-Whats worse than a problem?One that works some times and not others.Last night some worked,some did not.Now all work.See what happens later.

Now Im getting mad.Its doing to again.The AP of any plane, and I have a bunch work fine.It will climb to a set altitude at a set fpm,capture and maintain it.But after I set any lower altitude, the vsi will not let me enter a negative fpm.It will simply stay at zero or add positive, not negative.Im baffled.

>Now Im getting mad.>Its doing to again.>The AP of any plane, and I have a bunch work fine.>It will climb to a set altitude at a set fpm,capture and>maintain it.>But after I set any lower altitude, the vsi will not let me>enter a negative fpm.>It will simply stay at zero or add positive, not negative.>Im baffled.A little confused about,"The AP of any plane, and I have a bunch work fine". Are you saying all your aircraft do this or just a few and the rest work fine?If it's just one( or a few of the same model) doing it, it sounds like an entry is missing in the Aircraft .cfg file for the Vertical Speed in the Autopilot sectionJohn M

I will dbl check.So far its happened with the FSD Pilatus, Miltons aero commander, Miltons Dash-7, dfault King Air.I will get on it now and see if all are having problems.Thanks for the reply.