Sign in to follow this  
Guest ChrisQ

Starting with the a/c cold & dark

Hi all,I'm a recent FS2004 & I have a question that has probably been asked 1001 times before. But.....How do you start a flight with the a/c dark & engines off?I tried creating a flight, located the plane top the ramp & shut everything down. However, there's no place to save a flight @ that point. I can end the flight. when I go back in, though, the engine(s) are again powered on.Please help! I can't sleep @ night! ;-)Thanks, Chris

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Alt/Flight/Save Flight. Make it your default and when you pick that flight it will be started the way you left off.What I do is always end cold and dark, and make my default flight the "Previous Flight" that is saved. That when, when I exit, I don't have to do any saving and it starts with the "Previous Flight" as the default flight and I am already in the cold and dark state.

Thanks, Mike!It worked just fine. :) That issue has been bedevilling me for a day or so. Thanks to you, I can now sleep @ night ;) *lol*Cheers,ChrisPS: Got any VOR nav tips for me? *hehe*

I wish I could sleep. I crashed my bike on the way home from work tonight, only had it out of the garage a week and now this! lol

Awww ####....that sucks, man. Sorry to hear it. Will the patient live?It's a good thing you don't drive like I fly. You'd crash a lot more. ;)