Sign in to follow this  
Guest FACT

CTD when loading FS9 Netherlands Antilles scenery

Guest FACT

I would be grateful if anyone could advise me what to do to resolve the following issue..The problem I am experiencing is that I am getting a CTD when I try to load scenery for FS9 Princess Juliana and other airports from the Netherland Antilles.This started when I installed a freeware version of TNCM (Delblond Christian) and had a CTD when I tried to load this scenery. This happened repeatedly.I then uninstalled this freeware scenery and tried to load the default TNCM and again had a CTD.I then tried to load other default airports from the Netherlands Antilles and again, have had a CTD.I have searched the Forum and have struggled to find a specific solution.I have also searched for duplicate AF2 files and have not located any. This search continues as does my learning !!Thanks in advance for any help...FACT:-(

It may sound a bit blunt but it may help to reinstall scenerycitiesstmaarten from your install CD. Just browse through CD3 and file called MSGAME9.CAB and copy the original files back might fix it and check if it's activated in the scenery library.And get yourself Fly Tampa St Maarten and or FranceVFR St MaartenBoth great photo sceneries of several of the caribbean islands :)Rob "Holland&Holland" de Vries http://fool.exler.ru/sm/fly2.gif"To go up, pull the stick back. To go down, pull the stick back harder"

RobdeVries.jpg

Guest FACT

Thanks, not blunt at all, just helpful which I imagine was the original intent of the forum(s).Appreciate that you took the time.Mark

Guest FACT

This is blunt..in another way... ;-)How to I get to view the files within the .cab file as I cannot access the files on my installation CD.Thanks

I presume you have the CD's. And I presume you have WinRAR installed. If not, than download the evaluation version here: http://www.win-rar.com/download.html. Insert CD3 in your CD-drive and in the windows explorer you should be able to see it. While accessing/browsing on CD3 you should see MSGAME9.CAB. When WinRAr is installed, these cab files will show up as RAR files which can be opened with WinRAR and extracted to the desired place.Let me know if it works.. :)Rob "Holland&Holland" de Vries http://fool.exler.ru/sm/fly2.gif"To go up, pull the stick back. To go down, pull the stick back harder"

RobdeVries.jpg