Sign in to follow this  
Guest wpf1953

CAN

Some (excellent) freeware addons, like A320 from IFDG, DO NOT STOP even in idle position during taxiing procedures, as mandatory on hold position point for example. Every time I need to apply the breaks to get stopped the aircraft. I believe that

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I thought the a/c was meant to do it as alot of a.c keep on rolling with the engines idle...but the only thing you could do is go to the airbus website check out how much lbs of thrust the engines give and change the engine power in the .cfg file..but from my knowlage i belive its like 26.500lbs for a a320 could be wrong though

What weight is the plane at (fuel & pax)? Below a certain weight in FS9 planes start to roll on idle a lot :) I have all of iFDGs A320 series and only notice this problem if I take out too much fuel or pax.

The comments about jets producing lots of thrust at idle are true, and this may be answer to your problem. Many real-world jets need you to keep the brakes on in order to remain stopped.However there is a bug with FS and some addons, in which there is a constant ground creep that moves the plane forward veeeery slowly, even with parking brakes set. If this is what is happening to you, start FS with the default Cessna. Then move to your intended airport, and THEN switch to your intended plane. If the ground creep bug is your problem, that will fix it.---W