Sign in to follow this  

Saving Flight so it starts in Real (System) Time

Hi: I used to know how to save my flights so that whenever I start them it would use current system time. I upgraded to Win XP and new to save new flights. Can someone refresh an old mans memory on how to accomplish this task? Thanks....Al

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

In FS2K2 menu - options->settings->general->time - check system time.

Hi: Thanks for the info. I already have tried that method and it still doesn't set to system time. I can recall something about changing something in a config file or something similar to that. Any more suggestions...Al

I use GMT for my flights, using FS Real time, so you'll have to bear with my rustiness on this issue.I'm pretty sure that the only flight that will use system time will be the flight on the "create a flight" tab on startup, which uses your default saved flight for everything but the time. Even if you load your default flight using the "select a flight" tab, the flight time will not be system time, rather it will be the saved time of the flight.A further twist to this tale of time warping is that if you change the current location on the "create a flight" tab, the current date and time will change relative to the time zone difference between your the two locations (previous and new). eg. if it is 3pm local for you and your flight location was Sydney Oz, and you change to Honolulu, then your time will shift 21 hours back.If you want something different than the default flight, either create / load the flight you want, save it as something easy to type (eg. "1") and as the default. Next time you start FS, this flight will appear in the "create flight" with system time beaming at you!