Sign in to follow this  
Guest sfgiants13

Dash Merge

I am trying to merge Fanda's panel into my Dreamwings Dash 8's (both my 200 and 400) but keep getting a CTD whenever I load the a/c up...does anyone have the file or the procedure for a proper merge for these two?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I can't speak to your C2D but merging the fanda panel is pretty straight forward. There are copious amounts of articles online about it but put simply: just add the Dreamwings model and texture folders to the Fanda folder and rewrite the aircraft.cfgSample of one of mine:[fltsim.6]title=Dash8-Q300 V1.004b Charter Airline sim=DHC8Q3model=dreamwingspanel=hotsound=texture=dreamwingschecklists=reference=atc_id_enable=1atc_id=1234atc_id_color=0xffffffffui_manufacturer=De Havillandui_type=Dash8-300 v1.004bui_variation=Dash8-Q400 - 300 Charter Airlineatc_heavy=0atc_airline=Whateveratc_flight_number=456description=Dash8-Q400 - 300 Charter Airline copyright by Oleksiy Frolov 2002. Version 1.004bAll my DHC8s use FREE fanda panel and soundrename the model to model.whatever and texture.whatever and assign them in the aircraft.cfg file.

It all worked, but the plane was plugging along even at full thrust...I added the .air file of the dreamwings since it is the 400 model, but that might have messed it up...was I supposed to do that?

"...was I supposed to do that?"Negative. Use the DHC8Q3.air fileDo you know SOP for the fanda?I published an online tutorial called Fanda QUIKCHEK

I tried it, but on taxi the slightest throttle move caused the plane to shoot forward and I couldn't slow it without going to idle...again same problem on takeoff...can't get above 60 knots or so (and that was after full runway useage at SEA)...

O.K., the good news is we got the engines started :-)To taxi set pitch using CTRL+F1Before take-off remove the throttle lock-bar (click top-lefthand of quadrant)Set prop for take-off: CTRL+F4Align on the runway and advance the throttles to take-off powerFlaps must be set to one-notch and brakes releasedNotes from my QUIK CHEK]TAKE OFFSet Brakes . . . then . . .1.) Throttle Lock OFF location Quad position SHFT+3 (find hotspot)2.) Condition Levers keyboard CTRL+F4 (Quadrant position SHFT+3) release brakes and taxi onto runway . . .3.) Open throttle to Take-off Power (not full throttle) using joystickCLIMB OUT1.) Rotate at 100 KIAS (Knots Indicated Air Speed)2.) Gear then flap UP (once constant rate-of-climb established)3.) Pull prop rpm back to 1050 using CTRL+F24.) Pull throttle back to TRQ 80% (3 & 4 are backwards but easier for the novice)4.) Climb at between 130-160 KIASCRUISE[/b1.) Click the autopilot ON (AP top righthand)2.) Click ALT to maintain present altitude3.) Set prop to cruise CTRL+F1 (900 rpm)4.) Set power to cruise TRQ 70% (use joystick throttle control)

Thanks...the lights seem to be off placement (oh well not that big of a deal) but hte big problem is the gauges, etc. They are for the -300 version, and especially in the -400 it makes a difference, because of the 75 knot cruise speed difference. I get overspeeds at something like 250 knots...