Sign in to follow this  

MSFS advice needed...

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

1) For the most part all switches and guages are functional, som eaircraft come with dummy switches for thinfs that fs2002 does not emulate2)Yes you can, with some learning time you should be able to do it3)Aircraft for fs2000 are compatable with 2002, not 98 though.4)Your choice on standard or pro. Pro comes with another plane or two i think that standard does not have. But other then that they are the same sim, also some freeware planes require the a few guages that come in pro and not standard.5)Well hardware, if you are willing to spend alot you can pay fs2002 Here are some suggestions-Any AMD athlon XP processor above 2100+(depending on how much you want to spend you can upgrade)-either a Radeon geforce 4 ti4600, 9700pro, or a geforce fx(ranging in price upward)- atleast 512mb DDR Ram

>Are gauges and switches functional in all aircraft? If the panel designer made them functional, they are.>Can you make your own scenery? Yes.>Are aircraft built for FS98 and 2000 useable with 2002 Pro? Not all of them, and if they are there may be limitations. But in general yes.>Which is better, standard or pro edition? Pro offers more features (like turboprop flight model and more standard gauges which are used by many 3rd party addons.>To get the best possible experience, what should I be >looking at in terms of hardware, i.e., computer, monitor, >joystick? >P4-1.5 or better (as the lowest in production is now the 2.4 I believe that should be no problem).512MB or more RAMNVidia GeForce 4Ti4200 or better OR ATI Radeon 9700 Pro videocard with 128MB RAM.Soundcard (often on the motherboard, those are generally good enough).yoke (or joystick), pedals. CH makes decent ones that won't break the bank. Thrustmaster is also big in PS sticks.19" screen or larger (17" will do, but 19" makes a lot of difference).Operating system Windows XP Pro (stay away from the Home edition, it's far less flexible).