Sign in to follow this  
Guest FPSFREAK

Running FS2k2 on a TV

I have a VisionTek TI4600 card in my computerand FS2k2 runs beautiful, with no problems.I've been tossing the idea around in my headto see what it would look like on a TV.(I'm retired with lots of time on my hands anddoing things I always wanted to.)Looking at the back of the TI4600 I noticed thats-video mini-din connector was diffrent. here iswhere the can of worms open.I chased all over Denver(BestBuy/CircuitCity/CompUSA and Various computer/new/used/shops tofind the right video cable to hook things up andyou won't believe the answers I got. Some of thosesales people have no more busness there than a onelegged man in a butt kicking contest. Finally Isearched the net and learned that the cable I wantis OEM and that VisionTek was supposed include onewiht card, the company that makes them was behind in fabracation and were not ready when VisionTek wantedto ship the cards so they shipped without and nota word was said.Does anyone have the same card and tried to do thesame thing. If so were you able to get a cable from some where? It is a VIVO cable not just a s-video cable.I thank you and am very greatful for any info you canprovide.Also....I am thinking of buying a HDTV if I can get aVIVO cable that works. Any ideas?Thanks again.....denverdave

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I havce a friend who used to have that card.. when they shiped them they forgot the dongle cables.He contacted them and they mailed him one, took like 3 weeks or so.But i think visontek is gone now.. u might be outa luck getting one from them.You could try contecting them, they have stoped with geforce cards but i hear they still are repairing them on RMA.. u miught still be able to get your cable from them

Hartford Computer Group has bought out Visiontek and plans on continuing support for all of their products under the original Visiontek name. Visiontek will also be winding up to sell ATI based cards. It seems another Video card manufacturer is learning the ways of the "I".Look for a number for hartford computer Group on the web. They may be able to help.