Sign in to follow this  
Guest gipper

twinstar bonanza throttle doesn't work

Guest gipper

Hi all,I have downloaded and installed "twin_bonanza__pour_fs2004.zip" into my FS2002 program. Now I know this file was meant for FS2004 but I have downloaded many planes listed as Fs2004 and they work great in FS2002. Well this one seems to work and look and sound great(at least at idle). The problem is the throttle does NOT work. When I move the throttle on my joystick I can see the throttle move in the panel and everything else seems to work,but the sound doesn't change and I have no forward thrust. And no, I do not have the brakes on. Is there a way to make this very nice plane work in FS2002? I have even slewed it up to 4k and glided in for a power off landing but I would sure like to have some power. I also tried the F4 key but it's a no go.I hope you guys can help.GIP

I experienced the same thing with Eric Dantes Twin Bonanza, which may be the same one you have.My solution was to use the .air file from another similar twin for FS2002. That fixed the throttle problem. Any major differences in the "new" .air file were corrected by the original aircraft.cfg file. So weight, fuel, thrust, etc. seemed to be okay.Give it a try. If you don't have another FS2002 twin, download one that seems about right and just grab the .air file.Let us know if this worked for you.Regards,JerryH

Guest gipper

Thank you Jerry, That did the trick. And yes it was eric's bonanza that I was trying to fix. Man this plane flies real nice and I love the sound of these engines.Thanks again for the info.GIP

You're welcome, GIP. Glad it worked for you. Thanks for the feedback.JerryH