Sign in to follow this  
Guest panzerschiffe

2 quick questions

First:I've been following some of the other posts regarding lock-up and temperature issues with the Athlon CPU's. My machine isn't locking up, I think I'm running the core voltage too low. I have a 2200+ with a 400W PSU, and the PCToys QuietMAX 5100 fan (gotta love the mobo-mounted fans for the Athlons - The Volcano 7+ wouldn't even let the machine boot!), and the bios settings for core voltage on this A7V333 are set to auto. This gives me a 1.65-1.68 voltage rating. I'm not overclocking the chip, so it's at 1808 MHz by way of 133/33 by 13.5X settings. Should I have the v-core voltage set higher?Second:How do I get the myriad of after-market planes I've installed here to show up as AI aircraft? I've got my ATC level set at 92%, and all I ever see are the sim's default aircraft.ThanksScott

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

>Second: >>How do I get the myriad of after-market planes I've >installed here to show up as AI aircraft? I've got my ATC >level set at 92%, and all I ever see are the sim's default >aircraft. Scott, unless you add some additional flightplans to FS2k2, it will only fly the ones that came as default.D/L TTools from our Library, and read the instructions at least twice before doing anything else... It is a free program that will allow you to (a) gain an understanding of how the AI system works, and (:( quickly (note I did not say 'easily') add new flightplans to take advantage of the myriad planes you've downloaded... :)

>First: >>I've been following some of the other posts regarding >lock-up and temperature issues with the Athlon CPU's. My >machine isn't locking up, I think I'm running the core >voltage too low. I have a 2200+ with a 400W PSU, and the >PCToys QuietMAX 5100 fan (gotta love the mobo-mounted fans >for the Athlons - The Volcano 7+ wouldn't even let the >machine boot!), and the bios settings for core voltage on >this A7V333 are set to auto. This gives me a 1.65-1.68 >voltage rating. I'm not overclocking the chip, so it's at >1808 MHz by way of 133/33 by 13.5X settings. Should I have >the v-core voltage set higher? >>Scott Looks like you have a Thoroughbred Core Athlon. These run at lower voltages than previous Athlon processors. Palomino CPU's averaged about 1.8v, but T-bred's average 1.6-1.75v if you're not overclocking. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. The Volcano 7 is a garbage heatsink compared to the newer all copper heatsinks out there (SLK-800, SLK-900, SK7).