Sign in to follow this  

auckland intl

Guest dodger

hello,can somebody tell me how i can change the a1 traffic at auckland intl nzaa from taking off at runway 5 to 23 as it seems to me this would better,i am new to flight simming and will add fs traffic 2002 in a few weeks and i can,t see runway 5 working. thanks , dodger uk

Go to the avsim file library and do an extended search for a program called 'afcad' by author 'lee swordy'. Open it up and I think there is a box for ICAO so select NZAA. You will then see a basic map of Auckland airport and it's runways. Double click on runway 5/23. You should get a box that says properties. There will be one set of check boxes for the 23 end and one set for the 5 end. For rwy5, check the box next to 'closed for takeoffs' and for the rwy23 make sure that box is not checked. You can also select 23 closed for landings and rwy5 only open for landings if you wish to restrict that as well.Have fun,Marchttp://vatsim.pilotmedia.fi/statusindicato...tor=OD1&a=a.jpg

It'll work, as stated above, but I'm not sure why you'd want to do that. In real life they take off all the time from both 5 and 23. Some planes need a little longer roll and sometimes have to backtrack along 5 to get to the end of it before turning around and using the whole runway. But that's rare. Most often, the stretch of runway that's available for 5 is more than enough for the Thai, Malaysian, Korean, Air NZ, Qantas, and others who are going long-haul. Rob D.Auckland