Sign in to follow this  
Guest Dave.

Aircraft Texture Shimmering

Hi all,This problem has been annoying me for a extremely long amount of time now and I'd really like to know if there is a way to fix it. I have tried many driver versions with and without nHancer and no matter what combination of settings I use (trust me I've tried countless combinations in FS Settings/Driver Settings/nHancer) I cannot fix it. I took some screenshots to help me explain the issue to you.Here is a side view of the SIA A380. No shimmer/jaggies edident on the textures.74741413rc5.jpgAs I pan to the right, see how the aircraft's textures start jagging up? Its as if everything has AA EXCEPT the aircraft's textures.93638758tv7.jpgAs I pan even more to the right, the aircraft's sides just look like a bunch of pixels :(32090878ew4.jpgMy specs are:Core2Duo E6600Gigabyte 7900GS 256MB TurboForce Edition 2GB Corsair RamI'm sure the problem has something to do the drivers not being able to smooth out mipmaps in textures or something. I dont know the specifics. But if anyone is aware of how to fix this problem by using a different driver or ANYTHING, PLEASE let me know.Thanks,Dave

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!