Sign in to follow this  
Guest lalo lolo1

Anyone could figure a fix for the Wilco CRJ 200 freeze in Europe

Hey guys,I had my Wilco CRJ working just fine until I had the bad idea of installing a livery (Malev) from Wilco. After that the AC became totally unusable in Europe and it freezes FS at 1 fps. This problem does not happen in the USA.I have tried everything I could before uninstalling FS (very last option as it is a pain in the neck to reinstall everything). Uninstalled the CRJ, deleted the FS9.cfg, cleaned the registry (registry mechanic), blah blah blah, but no matter what I do every time I load this AC at any European airport, kaboom, FS drops to 1 fps. I also checked the CPU usage and it is at 100% until I shut FS down.Well, everyone knows how well supported this product is from its developer and distributor, so maybe I am lucky and someone here has come across a solution for this.ThanksLeo

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Bump!!! LolFor the record and in case anyone looks for a solution I found an alternative one until someone figures how to fix it properly.It requires the Wilco CRJ900 installed.I tried switching panels with the Posky CRJ and that helped me realize the problem is the panel, not the model.I remembered I was never able to make the CRJ700 panel work, and of course FT never gave a satisfactory answer to that problem (Although there are many FT detractors in these forums I love FT products, every one and each of them. A shame their support SUCKS big time).So I decided to install the CRJ900 panel into the CRJ700 folder and voila!, everything worked fine.So, of course the solution here is to install the CRJ900 panel into the CRJ200 folder. It has two problems though:1) The CRJ200 has an Altitude Back up and an Attitude Back up different to the CRJ900. I modified the panel bitmap of the 900 and added the two holes in position so they were in the same position as in the 200 model.Then I installed the Attitude and altitude backup from the default Lear in the position the holes were (God bless Fs Panel Studio). Same in the VC. Then I had the 200 ready to go, but then I found problem two.2) There's a different engine configuration in the Aircraft.cfg of each AC. That produced that the power was unstable in the 200 and would only respond to the F4 key. Checking the Aircraft.cfg I discovered the differences between cfgs. I just copied pasted that section from the 900 over the 200 section.This will work just fine until my next HD format and FS installation.If anyone ever wants/needs help with this problem, email me at le061070@yahoo.com. Be patient as I don't check that email every day, but you will get your answer in a couple of days.I would post everything here, but the bmp would be deleted in a short time, and both the aircraft.cfg and panel.cfg are too long and I am not sure FT would allow me to post them.Regards, and if anyone has a solution on how to make the original panel work I would love to have it too.Leo