Sign in to follow this  
Guest bfindlay

Configuring GPS out with Airmap 600c

Guest bfindlay

I downloaded and installed GPSout tonight. I have an airmap 600c that I am trying to configure so that FS2004 can send it NMEA data. I have an imac, so no serial port. I bought a usb to serial converter cable, and have the gps connected through that.I suspect that is the issue - the unit recieves no data from FS2004.How do I get FS2004 to control the unit?I have set the comm port on the Gps to:9600 baudNMEA GPS Input and configured the NMEA protocols to: GLL, GGA, GSA and GSV, RMC and RMBI included Sentences=RMC,GGA, GLLSeems like it should work, but I get no update at all on the GPS.What Am I missing?Do I have to do voodoo magic on Windows XP to get the GPSout program to talk to the USB port?

Guest bfindlay

Just a follow up. I did read this in the readme file:Use with PDAs on a USB connection=================================I've received the following information which may help those with only USB connections on their Pocket PC:[From David Griersom, with thanks]Replace whatever COM4/COM3/etc entry you have next to Port= in the ini with "WCEUSBSH001", ie, Port=WCEUSBSH001 Then kill ActiveSync on both the PC and PocketPC, fire up your PocketPC GPS software and select COM9/USB as your GPS reciever from within the PocketPC software. Start up FS and hopefully everything should be working together. David tried this with a Medion PDA (rebranded Mitac Mio 168) and a friends HP iPAQ without problems, and at baud rates up to 19200 (he can't remember the specific value but it was close to that) using both the Medion Navigator (for cars) software and the PocketFMS software. Apparently both worked particularly well.So I set that as my port entry instead of 'com2' in the GPSout.ini File