Sign in to follow this  
Guest philstix

FS2004 Airport list export - suggestions please

Hi,Does anyone know of a utility that can compile a list of ALL the airports (including addons) installed in FS2004?I've tried CollectAirports in Traffic Tools, and GA-Traffic, and ScanAFD, and none produce a complete list of airports.FS2004's 'Create A Flight' page indicates 25557 airports.Traffic Tools' CollectAirports found 25469.GA-Traffic found 24993.ScanAFD only scans the default 'Addon Airports' folder, so it isn't suitable for my customised scenery setup.Strangely, GA-Traffic finds some airports that CollectAirports misses, and vice versa.The reason I want a complete airport list is that I've written a small utility to randomly select an airport within a given minimum and maximum distance from any departure airport, or a list of all airports within that range. The utility reads a text file in the format produced by CollectAirports and GA-Traffic, and to make it comprehensive I'd like to include every installed airport. This isn't so important in densely populated areas, but in remote areas where there aren't many airports it can make a lot of difference.I've run the scenery diagnostic in Flight Sim Manager, and that increased the number of airports CollectAirports found, but there are still about 100 airports that work perfectly in FS2004, and are found by AFCAD, but are invisible to CollectAirports.And I don't have the faintest idea why. Help.Thanks,Phil Wright

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!