Sign in to follow this  
Guest BillTee

FS 9.1 Hangs after splash screen

Guest BillTee

Hi fellow simmers,My sim is now hanging after displaying the default splash screen..I get no dialog box, menu or fault indication..Can somebody advise me how to trouble shoot the problem ?Many thanks, Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays,Bill T.Cameron Park, California, USA

Guest BillTee

I need to add that it hangs with the splash screen showing..Thanks,Bill T.

Guest kingairvols

Some times a disk clean/restart followed by aDisk Defrag and restart helps.Please be advised that I am a beginer at best when it comes to PC diag. The previous mentioned steps did help my PC.Thank you.Mark.OS:MS Windows XP Professional, Ver 2002 Service Pack 2 Hardware:Intel Pentium® 4 CPU 2.802.84 GHz, 2.00 GB of RAM GeForce 7800GS 256 MB w/ DDR3 running a 21/19.6 Sony Flat Screen Tubed Monitorand a,GeForce FX 5200 128MB 17/16 NEC/Mitsubishi Tubed MonitorGeForce FX 5200 128MB NEC/Mitsubishi 18 Flat Panel.

Guest FredGherkin

Did you try having FS rebuild the config file?

Guest BillTee

Yes, I did rename the .cfg and tried to restart FS, it still hung at the splash screen and I had to go to Task Manager to exit. I looked at the .cfg, it had 0 Kb in it and again it would crash during the splash screen. I have done a disk check and repair bad sectors to no avail.Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays,Bill T.

Guest BillTee

Is there any way to diagnose FS9.1 issues ? To tell where it is hanging up ?Will "World Airports" ( for FS2002 ) work OK in FS2004 COF ?There is a really good deal for "World Airports" older v. at Purplus.Merry Christmas,Bill T.