Sign in to follow this  

Have a Holiday...

If there's anyone out there who's feeling a bit jaded with flight simming, take a break fron hauling heavy metal and twin engined gin-palaces around featureless skies...Fetch a bush plane like a SuperCub or a Beaver up to PARC, Alaska.Take off & fly about 345 Magnetic, and shortly you'll see a HUMONGOUS chain of mountains appear. (I thought northern Alaska was mostly flat Tundra, my charts stop at Fairbanks).About 15 miles out a couple of good size lakes appear, close by is a river that ties a knot in itself. (Have a look, you'll see what I mean).Then just keep going, until your fuel runs out or you come upon PABA (Barber's Island, I think it is), about 230 miles in all.60 miles from PABA, look out on your left & you'll see a nicely rounded mountain with a little pip on top - reminds me of something, I don't know what.With Lennardts textures, Eddies Mesh, and some fluffy Cumulus at about the 4000-6000 ft. level, you'll have a visual feast for hours - just the thing to recharge the batteries before getting back to the button pushing, FMC programming, GPS configeration things you do all day.I tell you, if Heaven don't look like this, I ain't going! Happy Days,Schofi