Sign in to follow this  
Guest daveanne

Runway textures

Guest daveanne

I have recently been downloading different airport scenery files form this sites library, however I have noticed that all my main runway textures have all turned white, or nearly white, the taxi ways are fine so are the pans, but the main runways have all turned white.Can anyone tell me where the runway textures are and how to restore them?Dave Holt

I'm sure someone else will "bite" on this but I'm 95% sure that they go into the TEXTURE folder of the scenery that you are installing. Every scenery has two files: SCENERY and TEXTURE. If a scenery is missing a texture file for a certain object, it will show up as blank/white in your flight sim. jerrycwo4

Guest ThrottleUp

jerryuscg is correct - they are contained in the main texture folder. Easily fixed. The originals are on CD #2. Extract the MSGAME3.cab to a temporary folder. Go into the newly extracted archive and cut-paste the texture folder into your FS9 folder. It will ask if you want to overwrite the old one. If you prefer you can go into the original Texture folder you just extracted and select just the runway textures which are named: runway00.r8runway01.r8runway02.r8runway03.r8runway04.r8runway05.r8runway06.r8runway07.r8runway08.r8runway09.r8runway10.bmprunway10_hw.bmprunway10_su.bmprunway11.bmprunway11_hw.bmprunway12.bmprunway12_hw.bmprunway13.bmprunway13_fa.bmprunway13_hw.bmprunway13_sp.bmprunway13_su.bmprunway13_wi.bmprunway14.bmprunway15.bmprunway16.bmprunway16_hw.bmprunway17.bmprunway18.bmprunway18_hw.bmprunway19.bmprunway20.bmprunway21.bmprunway21_hw.bmprunway22.bmprunway23.bmprunway24.bmprunway25.bmprunway25_hw.bmprunway26.bmprunway27.bmprunway64.bmprunway65.bmprunway66.bmprunway67.bmprunway68.bmprunway_detail.bmprunway_detail02.bmpHere is an excellent directory of the FS9 installation CDs that you should keep handy:http://www.cat-tamer.com/flightsim/faq001.htmlCan you see the Texture folder you need under Disk 2 :)When your texture folder is restored immediately zip it and then rename it Texture.ORIGINAL and leave it on your hard drive (perhaps in a folder called FS9 backups). I leave mine in the same FS9 folder. That way its easy to quickly reverse to your originals if a tweak goes wrong. Infact if you do this you can have a couple of different texture folders with different combos in em! Although for this to work a big HDD is handy :(Also a suggestion - go on flightsim.com and search for Airland textures. IMHO these are the best freeware replacement runway & axiway textures. Check em out :)

Hey man:Look for a file here at avsim or over at fs2004.com called Airland1.zip - it has very good replacement runway, taxiway and tarmac textures.I think you'll be really surprised, and pleased with them - especially the winter ones.It's fine on frames as well.Thanks.Paul.

Guest daveanne

Many thanks to all of you, managed to restore the textures, also downloaded Airlan1.zip too.Excellennt textures.Once again many thanks.Daveanne