Sign in to follow this  
Guest zswobbie2

2nd install problems

Guest zswobbie2

Hi all.. Because my FS9 has become large and full of stuff, I tried to do a 2nd install. I did the usual renaming of cfg, main folder name etc. I did a second install to another drive/folder, renaming the exe and folders to FS92. I had to copy and paste the original fs9.cfg to make it work. Success or so I thought! All works fine, my original is perfect apart from the looong loading times that I always had. My second install works fine EXCEPT when I hit F10 for kneeboard or click on the panel kneeboard icon, I get a frozen black screen. This also happens when I select Lessons. I have done a few of these duplicate installs on other machines & all went well. Could it be a path install problem?I am sure I have checked everything. I could be mistaken but the fs.cfg looks ok to me. What else needs to be reconfigured? When I run the 2nd version, it created its own fs.cfg. This just causes my 2nd install to crash. If I copy & rename my original fs9.cfg, all works ok except for the kneeboard & lessons crash. A great pity because I cannot do any flight planning etc. The planes and the rest of the sim seems to run ok apert from these crashes. When it crashes to the frozen black screen (with the toolbar on tthe top of the screen), I have to right click the taskbar at the screen bottom to get my second install to close.Any ideas?