Sign in to follow this  
Guest daveusmc1775

ADD-ON FS9 Scenery and Textures out of place?

Guest BIMMERKID2

I have a problem that needs solved myself. Whenever I attempt to fly anywhere near Western and some parts of Eastern Europe, FS crashes to Desktop. I don't ahve this problem anywhere else in the world on FS. I'd really love to grace the skies of Europe on FS again. IT shows the scenery just fine and all, but when I get to a certain point over Europe it then crashes. I can usually make it to Northern England, if i'm flying from USA to Europe before it crashes. I can fly over Iceland just fine. A couple weeks ago, I flew all the way from Iceland to Amsterdam. I made it all the way there, all over the water of course, but when I was just on final approach to AMS, it crashed, because then i was flying over the mainland... it ####### me off!!

Guest nihongo

>I have a problem that needs solved myself. Whenever I attempt>to fly anywhere near Western and some parts of Eastern Europe,>FS crashes to Desktop. I don't ahve this problem anywhere else>in the world on FS. I'd really love to grace the skies of>Europe on FS again. IT shows the scenery just fine and all,>but when I get to a certain point over Europe it then crashes.>I can usually make it to Northern England, if i'm flying from>USA to Europe before it crashes. I can fly over Iceland just>fine. A couple weeks ago, I flew all the way from Iceland to>Amsterdam. I made it all the way there, all over the water of>course, but when I was just on final approach to AMS, it>crashed, because then i was flying over the mainland... it>####### me off!! >>I think I solved this one, but I was getting it generally on approaches....What it was, was I had altered the scenery.cfg file in order to resolve the 'blurries' from photoreal scenery (I bought the FranceVFR). I deleted it so I have a default file back now and it runs ok.I am just trying to resolve one issue at the moment, posted in this board (FS9).....the Potomac is missing, but when Cloud9 was installed it was all there. But when I uninstalled it, it just went missing again. And then I have some BLOCK textures north of KDCA (about 30-50 miles) on the coast so it is like squars of land on the sea. Is it the BGL files I need to replace? Anyone help?

Guest daveusmc1775

Hi Geoff,Is it posibble to fix airport AFCADS w/out dumping FS9?I removed Ultimate Traffic, FS Terrain, Ultimate Terrain, and World Airports 2; [leaving my weather programs intact...AS 6.5 and Flight Environment]. Scanned for bgl's...only duplicates foundat airports:71c6...CKAP - 3 windsock files found:CKAP Windsock MPF1.BGL,CKAP Windsock MPF2.BGL,CKAP Windsock MPF3.BGL.Also,KGEG-AF2 KGEG SS V1.bgl and a version 2 bgl]to go with it. Then there's SVMI-AF2 SVMI. bgl and AF2 SVMIed.bgl,that's it. Default AFCAD directory was uncheced.This seemed to have fixed my sloaping runways at Cleveland Hopkins...here I remember adding someone elses AFCAD to bring the airport up to date with gates/runways. I want to restore the default AFCAD for Hopkins. The taxiways in some areas are screwed up.I feel I just need to re-do my AFCADS when this happens, then everything will be ok, sound good? It seems to me a program overlaid Hopkins and other areas causing a mess, that's the only thing I can think of.KSEA is a nightmare...either Ult. Terrain or FS Terrain ''added ships and more of those red riggs'' that you see off-loading the ships that are on the shore instead of being in the water! One of these programs extended and royally altered my terrain offsetting boats and buildings as mentioned earlier in my posts. I think it's UT that did it.Is it mormal in fs9 to see some yellow taxi lines run onto the grass to some extent, where a couple small AI planes are parked?Thank you for your help,Dave