Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest johnvromans

Aircraft are pulling to the left on take off in FS9

I have just reinstalled Active Sky 6 and now find aircraft pulling to the left on take off (but they have pulled to the right too!). Clearly I have disturbed something and I can't figure out what. Maybe Active Sky has got nothing to do with it. Can anyone offer a suggestion to fix this? Many thanks. John V

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Sounds like crosswinds.........set your winds to zero and see if it still happens.If it still "pulls" to one side, check that your controls are neutral, ie- joystick is calibrated correctly.

Here's another idea...Might sound silly, but it solved the problem for me...Make sure the fuel is equally distributed in the left and right tanks...Go to the Aircraft Realism area and check under Fuel...Make sure there is the same amount of fuel in each tank...I found several cases of really unbalanced tanks...(97% in left and 67% in right)...Good Luck...Steve in Kansas

Single-engine prop aircraft will pull to one side on take off ... they're supposed to ;-)Maybe you've got one of the "realism" options set too high, IIRC it's either P-Factor or Torque that can cause this.