Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest georg

Problem in windowed mode, problem in full screen!

Hello,Haven't used FS for a while due to work but now I have a new system (listed in the signature) and I've decided to do some flying again. I thought I am now ready for FSX but apparently I can't get satisfactory results from it even with this computer and FSX is also not very popular with VATSIM yet so I have decided to stick to FS9 for some more time.Two problems have risen with FS9... I'm running Vista Home Premium 64-bit and firstly I wanted to run the sim in windowed mode. I just couldn't get the Anti Alias to appear. It works fine in full screen but goes off in windowed. Another issue in full screen though - whenever I open the FSUIPC menu or let's say the PMDG 747 settings menu which opens as a separate window, I just get a black screen and I either press Esc which takes me back to cockpit or hit Alt+Enter to get windowed mode and then the FSUIPC or PMDG window will appear. It like seems that in full screen the menu opens somewhere in the background and I can't see it.Perhaps there is a solution for at least one of those problems. Thanks a lot!

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Nop, doesn't help :( I run FS in the Classic mode and it was already causing other problems before in the Aero mode.

I have the same issue now, just installed FS9 and for some reason when I go to chose the STYLES on the menu under PMDG all I get is a black screen. I can see it if I hit alt-tab to desktop, but cant access it and the sim locks.Any ideas?

My video drivers should be the latest but I will check on this. I keep the general settings at Application Controlled but there's an option to allocate specific settings for certain software and I tried doing via there.