Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest avrovulcan

Installing Dreamfleets 727 in VISTA "FIX"

Hi everyone,Ref my previous posting about problems useing the Dreamfleet Boeing 727 for FS9 in Windows VISTA, the very helpfull Dreamfleet product support site run by Paul Golding & Steve Halpern was able to offer much if not all of the usefull information that helped me resolve this problem.Basicly to cut a long story short, the software appeared to install correctly but on selecting the aircraft in Create a New Flight, FS9 would imediatly Crash to Desktop.Paul suggested changing the folder permissions options as this can also cause problems with addon software. He also said that within Windows VISTA it is better to install FS9 to c:Flight simulator 9 and not the default c:program filesmicrosoft gamesflight simulator 9. If you go to the Dreamfleet site there is an explination for thisSteve asked me to look into the Windows ROOT directiry for a file labled 727ga.LIC, this is the Licence file generated by the installer and is checked for by the Panel gauges to check you have a valid install.For some reason the 727 insatller never generated this file even though plenty of other Flight 1 and Dreamfleet software had installed there LIcence files correctly.The soloution was for me to brouse to the 727install.exe file and right klick with the mouse and select Properties and from within the window select Compatability Mode, and then select Windows 98/Me compatability.Dont know why this should work as this title like nearly all titles for FS9 was never releaced for 98/Me.I should have thought of this my self as I have had to use this method to install a number of titles. Normally there titles just refuse to install full stop.Anyway hope this info proves usefull to the wider communty, ant like i said this fix should work with a lot of other software that has install problems within VISTA.RegardsAndy

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!