Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest freefall

Fear of purchasing FScene and losing autogen trees

The reason.I installed Real Environment and then later FSeXcel. Some of the changes were extraordinary, but whether from these or not, I noticed one time flying into northern bush country, my trees were very sparse. I checked my autogen slider, and it was maxed. Somehow, I had lost my trees.Although the terrain looked better, there's nothing that can replace the trees when flying into some of the more difficult bush-country airports. The trees also have a tendency to make the mountains visually appealing as to the ones that are not all rock and ice as you can see the trees sticking up silouetted against the sky.I had to go back to the FS disks and get back my old textures. Now I have my trees back.I noticed in one of the movies made for FScene that it also had the trees outlining fields, which in farmland is more realistic, but to attain this, does it also cut back the trees in bush country where there are no fields?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

See, all you had to do was wait patiently, and you'd get a response.Freefall, it's been my experience, (and if you'd look at the screenshots yourself you'd be able to see) that in some of the shots the trees are gone from the tops of grassy mountains. So no doubt, some of the trees in open areas would be gone too.My advice? If you want trees, leave it alone. If you want better textures but minus a lot of trees?...buy it!