Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest Jessew

FS9 crashing and freezing

Howdy...So i've had FS9 since it came out, and its been running on my machine since, with lots of addons and the like, but the errors and crashing and other problems got to be too much, along with not having the time to diagnose the problems, so I havent looked at it in over a year. Recently I opened it again and it was working nicely, except it still crashed often. So I decided to reinstall fresh.I installed FS onto a different, new drive, patched up to 9.1, and attempted to open it thinking it word work beautifully.After about 15 minutes of flying, I got one of those MS Popup error boxes that says something about an error, the one that asks you to report the error. It doesnt say what is causing the error, it just says it is in the FS9.exe which could mean anything.I tried opening it a few times since and i've had the same result, I switched out my video drivers to the newest ones (I was using ones from 2005 as they work better for me)and I still have crap results, with some variations.Basically the program will do one of 2 things:-Crash with the error popup within approx 15 minutes of flight time-freeze causing one to have to restart the computer from the button on the tower.So...GFX Driver issue?Computer just doesnt like the program?It ran fine for years, what could possibly be the problem with it now?(By the way I havent installed any addons onto the new install, this is a fresh 100% FS only setting)

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!