Sign in to follow this  
scomeau1

Rudder Problem

When in FS2004 my Rudder wants to stay to the right for some reason and even when I hit the Keypad number 5 to strighten the rudder out it will go back to the right after a little while ?I have adjusted my joystick but it still does it.Any ideas on how to reset the rudder so it wil stay stright by default ?Thanks for any help you can give me.Scott

Guest RonB49

Go to Options > Settings > Controls and check your axis assignments. On my CH Yoke, by default flight simulator assigns the rudder axis to the mixture lever and I get the same symptom that you are noting. So each time I rebuild the config file, I have to remember to reassign the axis settings. Check them all there may be other mix ups.R-

Guest avrovulcan

Hi ScottI agree,Had a similar problem once with my system. It looks like FS has somhow assigned a key-stroke to one or more of your rudder axis. What you need to do is go into the preferences menue and select the assignments tab, sub select the joystick axis tab and delete and key assignments. that should sort your problem outBest regards Andy

>Hi Scott>>I agree,>Had a similar problem once with my system. It looks like FS>has somhow assigned a key-stroke to one or more of your rudder>axis. What you need to do is go into the preferences menue and>select the assignments tab, sub select the joystick axis tab>and delete and key assignments. that should sort your problem>outThanks for all your great replys, I'll try that now and let you guy's know how I make out.Scott

Yes that worked just fine !Thanks again for all your help and support.Scott