Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Speedbyrd

Flight time or System time??

I'm not sure if I should be using Flight time or System time in FS9. I'm having trouble getting the time zones correct since I installed the new FS Real Time. (it always seems to be an hour off in some places but not all places). What's the best setting to use so I have a base to start with to try to get the zones correct?Thanks

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I believe that not all the time zones are correct in FS as they should be. Based on the UK (for GMT) we are currently on BST time which is GMT/UTC +1. Therefore when setting a flight from the UK GMT/UTC time will be 1 hour behind what the actual time is now in the UK. I.E BST is now 15:30 so GMT is now 14:30.Thats how I always work it out but as I said FS does not always play ball and screws around when in different timezones. A prime example of this is the US ET (New York) zone which is -4 UTC but from what I can remember somewhere along the line it is an hour outn from that.

Well,, the Author confirmed their is a problem with the time zone files as of 1.87.6.See my post here: http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...ing_type=searchIf you're using an older version prior to 1.86, you will not see this issue. I fixed the problem as stated in my post above.It also appears, the 3D website got messed up, and they reverted back to an older version prior to April. Not sure what's going on there, but something has happened. Hope they get if fixed soonLee