Sign in to follow this  
Guest MTN311

Addon scenery problem

Guest MTN311

I have posted this problem awhile back but didn't get any usable feedback, here's the problem.I recently un-installed cloud9 Amsterdam (trial) scenery, after that I wanted to start at Paris Charlles de Gaulle (addon) but FS9 would hang while creating scenery objects, I removed the scenery and reverted back to the default. After some time it would finally load but almost all of the scenery objects including the default C172 appeared white (regardless of time of day). I left it at that since I don't fly to Paris that often at all. Recently I flew from Calgary to Kelowna (addon scenery) as I approached the airport I noticed a sharp drop in frame rates and after I've landed, the aircraft textures where missing (white). I closed FS and restarted again and tried to re-locate to Kelowna's active runway in the default C172, now FS hangs at 3% creating scenery objects hence the scenery will not load at all.I completely removed and re-installed the scenery with the same result it hangs at 3%. The scenery however loaded and worked fine in the past.I've also deleted the FS9.cfg and had FS build a new one with the same results.At this point I don't know what other sceneries maybe affected but suspect that some may behave the same in the future?System Restore is disabled on my machine, therefore a restore is/was not possible.Any ideas are greatly appreciated.I don't really want to consider a fresh install at this point because of the volume of addons installed (scenery, utilities and aircraft). System Specs:WinXp-Pro SP3ASUS A8N32-SLI Deluxe AMD 4200+2 ASUS/NVIDIA 7800GTX VidCards with 512Mb ea.4Gb RAM & 4Gb Page file on separate partitionCreative Labs XFi Platinum Sound Card