Sign in to follow this  

Is official

Guest ben_hewitt

Hi!, did you not know months ago FSACOF (FS2004) was comming out!, that review has been there for months!

So few words, so many errors.2003 = The Century of POWERED Flight.As I said over in the other forum, only MS could be so conceited as to run roughshod over history in the interests of consistency of titling.:-lolSimmers should e-mail MS at:Tell_FS@microsoft.comand urge them to reconsider, as with the Centenary ball rolling, even the most unaware unaviation unenthusiast is going to know that 2003 is the centenary. It's just going to make MS - and FS - look reely stoopid.Dad and Junior in store:"Dad, look can I have that flight sim thingy..?""No son, I won't buy that, it must be rubbish. They can't even get the year right... everyone knows 2003 is the centenary. It's been on television. Have this nice car racing game instead" Are we simmers so precious that we really care that FS2002 is replaced by FS2003 or FS2004?ChasW

Did they say that 2004 was the centennial? NO.It's the flightsimulator for 2004, celebrating the centennial of powered sustained flight (which happens to be in december 2003).According to your logic it should be released on the exact date and time the Wright brothers flew, which would postpone the release by several months and severely hamper marketting.

Guest KenG

You do realize the title is A Century of Flight, not THE Century of Flight? Therefore, if they were to release before the exact time of the Wright Brothers flight (which they will), using THE would make it even more incorrect. They are celebrating 100 years of flight. We've been flying for far longer than that, just not powered, sustained flight. However, MS is releasing a product that celebrates the last 100 years during which powered, sustained flight finally became a reality.Who cares if it's FS2003 or FS2004. That is irrelevant.

Guest jmarcure

After reading this thread all I can say is that it is a great day in flight simulation when all we can fight about is the realism of the title rather than the simulator itself. :-lolHave a nice day,Jon

Yep, just don't mention the war.:-swordChas

Do they imply by their unimaginative choice of title that 2004 is the centenary? YES.My logic implies nothing of the sort you describe. My logic dictates that the product utilising the Century of Flight as its marketing theme should at least celebrate the correct centennial year in its title. Not the one following. Logical? I think so.It's the next generation of flight simulator, presumably for the rest of 2003 and some of 2005, and by dint of its earlier-than-usual-for-FS release date they should consider titling it correctly to avoid accusations of being daft. History will judge how it is understood. Intelligence might prevent it being misunderstood.How about "Flight Simulator - the Next Generation, going boldly where no-one has gone before?" (if we can get above 100,000 that is)or"Flight Simulator 2004 - A Century and a Bit of Flight (not counting gliders and balloons)."It can be done!:-lolChasW