Sign in to follow this  
Guest FPSFREAK

New Omega Drivers !!

Guest FPSFREAK

This should probably be in the Hardware section but it seems most people read here first so I thought I would let everyone who doesn't know check these out. If you own a 9500 and up Radeon you would be missing out if you didnt try these drivers. Below is a list of enhancements over the standard ATI 3.2 Cat drivers release. New (Omega 2.4.07)* Based on the official 6307 ATI drivers (Catalyst 3.2)* Added support for the following chipsets: Radeon 9500 non Pro Radeon 9800 Pro* The SMARTGART control panel has been RE-ENABLED.* Fixed the FPD not showing in the Display CP.* Removed various tweaks as they where no longer necessary.* Added the 9500/9700 to 9800 hack, now the 9800 pipeline is enabled by default in the drivers, there is going to be a BIG speed increase in D3D for these cards.* Changed a some stuff in the drivers setup, please read the installer options more carefully now, they include some important info and it's now better explained for newbies. These stats were taken directly from the readme on Omegas website. After installing these drivers and setting up what some consider from another thread a reasonable check of framerates, I have seen a 5 FPS increase. Image quality seems to be on par if not better than any series of drivers in the past. I'm sure based on your system that some people will not experience the same results but I feel it may well be worth your while to check them out. They can be found here: www.Omegacorner.com Default Miegs 1024x768x32 All sliders maxxed except cloud density 8 lights 6X AA 16XAF Trilinear filtering Summer/Day Before: 35.5 FPS After: 40.5 FPS*Edited due to BrainFart*Bobby

Guest FPSFREAK

Just an update for everyone w 9700 Cards, run the default above w a mild overclock (Mine is currently running at 360/335 using Radeonator) and wound up having to turn my target FR up to 60 to see what I was doing. Wound up w 52.7 FPS as a high and an average of around 48.5.Will run FRAPS after work and get a better average. Give em a try. They are amazing. :-ukliam