Sign in to follow this  
argeme

Not reading some textures

HiI suddenly got a strange problem. Some of the textures are not read properly. It happens to some af the airport textures and the ground textures.The problem seems to occour when going from day to night. In daytime its ok (if I start in daylight)As you can see on the two pictures some of the textures are the way the should be, some not.Attachment 1 shows how it should be, and 2 skows the problemAll help wpuld be appreciatedthanks

Looks like these are add-on textures? That type of blurring can be caused by a couple of issues, most often the graphics card can't quite keep up with loading the textures due to memory constraints, speed constraints, or both. When you see this, try zooming all the way in on the texture then out again. Does it clear up? I have the same issue at times, but mostly in airports where there's heavy detail. The zoom/in, zoom/out trick works for me. Regards,John

thanks for the answer.It doesnt help to do what you recommend. And to refresh the scenery doesnt help either. If I go to top-down view and the go to night time it works. But in the other view the problem occours. I never had this problem before. I got GE pro

"I never had this problem before"You then want to try to recall, as best as you can, when the problem did start. Is GE Pro your only add-on? Have you made any other changes to either FS2004 or your system in general? Did the problem then appear? Does the problem happen regardless of the aircraft you use (some are some hogs when it comes to resources). Hope this helps, hopefully others will offer some help too.Regards,JohnEdit: To give you an example of how any change can affect the sim, I developed a stutter out of nowhere some years ago. The sim had always been smooth and I hadn't made any changes. I was very frustrated, until I remembered having swapped out keyboards for one with a volume control and other special buttons that could be programmed to pull up the web, or email. Turned out the keyboard driver was causing the issue--it was polling my system on a regular interval and caused a stutter in the sim. Had nothing to do with graphics or my sim setting--just a resource hungry keyboard driver.

Guest lgvpilot1

If the texture was on an aircraft it would have said it is a mip mapping issue .I suppose you could try and alter mipmapping in your FS settings or on your graphic card and see it that makes a difference.Mark

ThanksI have a lot af Add-ons - but I tried to uninstall the latest but without any luck. It also happens with all the aircrafts :(

John, you wrote that it could be a add-on install. I just figured out that I updated the model of a posky777. Well, it seems to be the issue. Hopefully its solved now. Thanks