Sign in to follow this  

Stopping the CRJ700

I'm having a bit of trouble getting the CRJ700 stopped after touchdown. Clearly I am missing something.Someone willing to share the "secret"?Thanks.FF

Guest hoohah

Don't land so fast!Seriously tho, you may need to fiddle with your throttle settings in FSUIPC to make sure that your throttle is all the way back so that the reversers can actually work. The CRJ has a pretty high approach speed (Class D I think); it will definitely keep you on your toes landing at some of the smaller fields - Max out your auto brakes and don't forget to arm the spoilers.HTH,-T Edwin (hoo)

>Don't land so fast! >That definitely is something to consider! :)>Seriously tho, you may need to fiddle with your throttle >settings in FSUIPC to make sure that your throttle is all >the way back so that the reversers can actually work. The >CRJ has a pretty high approach speed (Class D I think); it >will definitely keep you on your toes landing at some of the >smaller fields - Max out your auto brakes and don't forget >to arm the spoilers. Hmmm. "auto brakes and "arm the spoilers." That may be the the problem.By autobrakes, I suppose you mean the multiposition knob on the radio window (shift-2)?Arming the spoilers, I have no idea where that may be.Thanks.FF

Guest hoohah

>Hmmm. "auto brakes and "arm the spoilers." That may be the >the problem. >>By autobrakes, I suppose you mean the multiposition knob on >the radio window (shift-2)? >>Arming the spoilers, I have no idea where that may be. >Depends on the panel you've got, but yes the auto brake switch is a rotary type with labels of 'RTO', 'Off', 'Disarm', some #'s and a 'Max' position.The spoiler lever is usually on the engine pedestal with thrust levers, etc. You should be able to 'arm' them with "Shift+/", in which case they will deploy automagically at touchdown. Or you can just try to remember to hit the "/" key when you are down...but there is enough to do already.-T Edwin (hoo)

Thanks, didn't know about the "arming" of the spoiler.I cheated, though, at least for learning purposes.I found an autolander, takes care of the heading and glideslope. I handle the throttle for now. This has helped me already to learn how to get to the approach (or stall) speed without having to worry about the other two dimensions.Thanks for the help.FF