Sign in to follow this  
Guest cw1011

The DC-9

Guest Maul

I can't name them all, but Northwest Airlines has about 150 in use. Ranging from the DC-9-31 to the DC-9-51, Northwest shows no signs of getting rid of them. Kinda reminds me of American Airlines Super 80's :)Eric

Apart from Northwest, there's Dutch Caribbean Airlines and Aeropostal that I know of in the Caribbean.USAF and USN fly them as hospital aircraft and troop transports.Probably a lot of airlines in South America and Africa picked up the ones the rich airlines dumped for 737s and A320s in the 1990s.

Guest imemyself

Also Midwest Express flies DC-9-30s(and -15s). There is a good Midwest Express repaint here at Avsim. PS:Speaking of DC9s, does anyone know of a good DC-9-15?

Guest cw1011

TWA flew a bunch - don't know what AMR did with them.USAir had a bunch - don't know if they were retired Continental also had a bunch - Texas Air flew nothing butMidwest Express still flies them exclusively I think - though they may be upgrading to newer jets as they are cheap and avialableAirTran is all DC-9 and B-717 based, it was all DC-9 when it was ValueJet.Air Canada had a huge fleet, though they are all retired now.Evergreen and Airborne Express, both cargo carriers, have large fleets.On the west-coast PSA flew them, as did Hughes Airwest. Both re-paints can be found at AVSIM (I love the Hughes "Top Banana" scheme.In the now gone category:Piedmont; Republic; Ozark all flew the DC-9.

Guest GLE1344

:-wave Tyler JohnsonHow could you forget Eastern or Midway? Or even Delta???? wow... yikes I cant beleive anyone could forget Delta! Oh yeah, and lets not forget Hawaiian flying the -15, the -30, and the -50 (just not all at the same time :))Anyway, those are just some that popped into my head while reading this!http://home.attbi.com/~ijettyler/TJhalban.jpg

Guest cw1011

I didn't know if Delta's were DC-9 or MD-80s. Hawaiian retired their last DC-9 last year, replacing that fleet with new 717s.