Sign in to follow this  
Guest crashing_pilot

Keep Richard Harvey Alive in your Hearts.

I will keep this brief. I wanted to express my feelings of Richard Harvey to the AVSIM PMDG flight simulation community.Let us all take a silent moment to recongize Richard Harvey's profound impact on the flight simulation world, as well as the most pasionate flight simulator developer that I can recall. As Richard Harvey's "Hero has fallen" Banner has reached the bottom of the pile, let us not forget how he has positively effected our lives.When I first saw the very very alpha screen shots of FLY! many years ago, I said to myself, "This new sim is going to raise the benchmark profoundly in the flight simutor world." FLY! did just, what Falcon 4.0 has done to the fighter plane market. This was due mainly to the pationate efforts of Richard Harvey (and his support programers as well). When I look back what Richard has contributed to modern flight simulation, I get goose-bumps. His passion drove a dead monopolized MS Flight-Simulation marktet into the 21st century of technically realistic flight simulation that has pushed Microsoft to develope new versions to keep there fair share of the market. Not only that, with the advent of FLY! and FLY!II, Microsoft has had to push themelves to new levels to deal with increasing competion. Thus, Microsoft a sleeping giant was awoken nearly soley my Mr. Richard Harvey's passion for a perfect flight simulator. Without FLY! and FLY!II PMDG would not have been able to develope the increadibly technically detailed aircraft for FLY! and FLY!II. Due to the market, PMDG could no longer develope aircraft for FLY!. Now, PMDG is setting new horizons on the MS platform. With Robert's real world experience and technical knowledge as a proffessional airline pilot, and his increadible support team. I believe PMDG will bring MS to the technical flight simulation level, to that of FLY!. Without the advent of FLY! and FLY!II by Richard Harvey this would not have been possible.When I first heard rumors that Richard Harvey had Cancer, I thought they were just that. Until, the news was broken that he was on his final strech. The picture of Richard on the front page of avsim I almost cried. He seemed so skinny that the cancer had eaten him alive. Yet, his smile was extremely strong, as his undying passion for the flight simulation community. God Bless you Richard!!! If you can hear me, I will NEVER forget you.

Guest crashing_pilot

I will...but don't forget there are many more people battling the very same disease...try to give them some thoughts as well....better yet,try to do something about that dreadfull disease ... your effort could just be the little drop needed...Rich is not the only one,but he definately was one of the,if not THE, bravest... and i know i'll never forget his final post,or the email after that....i'm glad i get to meet him in person one day,i'm looking forward to it.