Sign in to follow this  
Guest ryebred

Anyone else having trouble with GE now?

I have been using TileProxy for a couple weeks now. I really love it but since yesterday, I have been having a lot of error messages with GE and I was wondering if anyone else was having issues the last day or two also? The messages I get areTransfer #17 resulted in redirect, retrying (1)...Error was 47 for transfer #35 (http://kh.google.com/kh?t=tqtsrqtqqtrqqtsr&n=404&v=17), cleaning up...CURLcode for URL kh.google.com/kh?t=tqtsrqtqqtrqqsts&n=404&v=17 signals TIMEOUTCURLcode for URL kh.google.com/kh?t=tqtsrqtqqtrqqsts&n=404&v=17 was 28 (a timeout was reached)

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Looks like you have been flagged with excessive use. "redirect" messages are usually the result of your IP having been "Blacklisted" by GE. This has happened to me a couple of times. You eventually will get access back.I swap to VE for a couple of days when this happens and fly in other areas where VE has better coverage. VE doesn't blacklist you for overuse either.

It seems it is a pure blacklist operation :-/GE protection begin with few minutes denying access, then 24 hours, then ...Bulk parameter set to 20 may avoid this problem.Regards,PG

I seem to have no problems with GE but VE I havent had anything load with them yet.

GE gave me the boot in 10 minutes last night. Totally black listed. I added the _ conn=20 _ argument to the module line (see below), then waited 24 hours. module_config="conn=20|server=youknowtherestJust finished an all day (well, more or less) tour of last year's Teton / Yellowstone trip. GE hooked me up and stayed on board all day. I navigated by roads and had my souvenir maps all spread out. Only got lost a couple of times. First, check out Jackson and that Grand Teton, the on up into Yellowstone to Lake Village and the Grand Canyon of YS. Keep heading north up to Roosevelt then west, over to Mammoth. The Golden Gate's next on the way back down. Keep heading south to Norris Geyser Field and finally, Old Faithful (MS and GE have a bit of a disagreement about where Ol' Faithful ought to be. Check it out!). Just amazing. I'm driving the hang glider at about 50 kts and notice that resolutions fade during cruise. Circling for hours will not allow a hi-fi load. So, once I arrived at a destination, I paused, selected Display then choose a slight change in any slider. This forced the sim to reload from GE and the scene pops up in AmaZinG detail (That first 'reload' of the Tetons about scared me!) The drill ended up being to cruise to a destination, then pause and click a display slider one notch in any direction. This forced a reload. GE would kick in like crazy and bring home the bacon. The scene would stay good until I moved on. Don't know if this is the way it's acting for others as well.Banff's up next!Mammoth: I can literally pick put the cabin where I stayed, and the Fort's museum, and the ice-cream joint, and the . . . This is just too much fun! http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/172659.jpg

GREAT Screenshot! You don't know that there is a refresh scenery action that you can assign to any joystick button or key? I assigned it to the Circumflex (^) key on my German keyboard as it is one of the precious unassigned keys in FSX.

I use Ctrl+Shift+R to refresh my scenery. Works pretty good but can take a while to load everything.I was able to un-blacklist myself by changing my ip address. Comcast apparantly keeps your ip address rather locked in once you get it. I disconnected my modem and let it sit over night and when I reconnected it in the morning, it assigned me the same ip address I had before. So, I just went into my router setup and changed my mac address then restarted my modem and it gave me a new ip. So, if you use Comcast and GE has blacklisted you, this is a really easy fix to get access again.

I seem to get blacklisted by GE with extreme regularity after only about 15 minutes of flying (after having waited 24 hours each time). I have even set the simultaneous connections as low as 10 but still get blacklisted pretty quickly.Pity, as GE is still the most consistent for resolution and color.I've turned into the virtual tourist thanks to TP ;)

I wonder if using PeerGuardian will stop the blacklisting? I'm not too sure how it works but it may be a possible way of masking your IP.Andrew

erm... no ;) Your PC still connects to Google directly giving out its IP address, even with PeerGuardian.