Sign in to follow this  
Guest cbuchner1

Fix (and workarounds) for Tileproxy Beta 4 problem with FSX RTM.

Guest cbuchner1

The initial Beta 4 release was slightly botched. I only got about 50% of it right ;(As some of you may noticed, the Beta 4 version of TileProxy does not start (unable to load SimConnect.DLL) when you install it without the "SP1" option of FSX being checked during installation. This is due to a missing embedded manifest in the binary of the FSX RTM specific version of Tileproxy.Manifests instruct the program to look for a specific version of a DLL in the WinSXS folder of Windows. Due to the missing manifest, the program expects SimConnect.dll to reside in the TileProxy folder - where it cannot be found.I propose three different workarounds for the problem - either of them should woerk, but I would definitely prefer #1 (which means re-downloading a corrected tileproxy installer). The other options mean more manual work for you and are prone to errors ;)Workaround #1Re-download the Beta 4 from sourceforge. I fixed the installer to provide a corrected version of TileProxy.Workaround #2 (this one isn't too hard)Locate the folderC:Windowswinsxsx86_microsoft.flightsimulator.simconnect_67c7c14424d61b5b_10.0.60905.0_none_dd92b94d8a196297and copy SimConnect.dll from that folder to the folder where TileProxy is installed.Workaround #3 (not optimal, as you might forget to delete that manifest later which could cause further trouble later on)Create a file proxyUser.exe.manifest in your Tileproxy folder with the following contents. When you create this file with Notepad, make sure it does NOT get the file extension ".txt". Careful, Windows does not always show file extensions unless you explicity enable this in the Windows Explorer Folder Options<?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8' standalone='yes'?>

Guest BazzaLB

I went with Workaround #1 which works like a charm. Thanks again