Sign in to follow this  
Guest dongdongliushui

TP and highest quality scenery add-on comparison

Guest dongdongliushui

Has anyone done a comparison of TP and quality commercial scenery add-ons? I know they are no comparison as regards convenience. But are they close in image quality? Gxxxx is very inconsistent in color, definition,etc, but are there cases when at its best, it even surpasses the highest quality commercial add-ons? Please educate me, hopefully with comparison shots of Hawii, England, etc. Thanks a lot!

Guest cbuchner1

At least regarding Oahu, I can say that the difference is very minor, except for where the commercial FSX addon offers detailed coast lines (with water blend masks) and accurately placed city buildings and airports.In a few cases may even be possible that the Online map provider used the same satellite data source as the addon vendor ;)Christian

Guest dongdongliushui

Talking about Oahu, I'm flying with fs2004 on TP map. The terrains seem to be way off: mountains in the sea,Airfield boardering the water, houses on mountains (not naturally, but abruptly).Is it the problem of Gxxxx data, or the problem of fs itself?

Guest Challenger604

Show some pic's!!