Sign in to follow this  
Guest coastal

How to tweak?

Guest coastal

Hi there,I'm looking at the dos prompt window for a load and i'd like to know how to read the traffic.Can someone take me through understanding firstly the line that reads for example;preloaded: 90000, hits: 140000, miss: 14000, Messages: 15000 i get about 20 lines of individual tile accesses... with timings that on average are lower than the 100 per second mark. I'm confused if these timings are good? Christain said you've got to look for around 300-500. I'm on a 24Mbs broadband supply and have dropped the rate of the source down from 2.0 to 1.0.I occasionally get an individual tile access line that includes '(0) - Done!' at the end. Does this mean the tile has loaded and all the other tile access lines are failing?I'm also a little confused about how tileproxy affects the graphics settings in fsx. But i don't want to bug anyone about that yet. I've followed the tips in the manual but as i'm a bit unclear with tileproxy as a whole i thought i better learn first what's happening in the dos prompt.TIA,Andy

Guest cbuchner1

The user manual has a huge chapter about the preload statistics. It is mostly meant for me as a debugging aid to see how effectively the preloading algorithm worked. And in your case it seemed to work well.Your individual tiles per second figure is worrysome.I get about 250-300 on an aging Dual Athlon MP 2600+ (2 GHz).And I get 400-600 on a speedy Intel Core 2 Duo with 2 GHz.This is with FSX locked at 15 FPS.Quad core users may see values in excess of 1000 TPS, but they have to disable the preload algorithm (preload=0 in the INI file) - it appears that it does not work well with multiple concurrent threads requesting tiles. That is for me to fix in the next Beta release.The "(0) - Done" is telling you that a tile download has completed. It is a countdown saying how many tiles are currently being downloaded. As countdowns tend to do, they often end at 0 ;-)Christian