Sign in to follow this  
Guest Bergziege

error - access_mip_level() for resolution ...

hi all,after finding the right settings for tile reload in fsx and tweaked tp to my needs i now get following error message during loading of the tiles near the center of the aircraft:access_mip_level() for resolution 0 failed on a tile with buffered resolution 512and sometimes the same error for ... buffered resolution 1024the result of that error is that i have a black area around the center of my aircraft position wich seems to be as big as the LOD Distance setting in the ProxyUser.iniThe error remained after cleaning up all cached data from the folders.may some of you have a idea whats going wrong or what this error stands for as i could not find anything about that in the manual or the forum.greez bergzege

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

dont know why i forgot that to mention in my post *g*using the preview version for beta 6.flying with fsx + sp1and as i just found out, this error seems only to apear with tiles from google.

That is unusual.TP monitors the read accesses performed by FSX on the BMP tiles. It examines at the position in the file that FSX tries to read data from (as well as the length of the read request).If that read corresponds to a particular mipmap level that isn't yet loaded for this tile, the kernel driver asks the proxyUser.exe program to provide that mip map level ASAP.Now the strange part is that 0 is definitely not a valid resolution for a mip level. Or in other words: The read pattern observed did not match the known position and/or length of a particular mipmap in a BMP tile. As a result, the request for the mip level fails and you see this message.All I can say is: "it works for me". ;-) No clue what's going on here.Christian