Sign in to follow this  
Guest Rob_man

Geoportail able to work with Tileproxy?

Guest Rob_man

Expect it isn't possible, but wondering if the French site for high res images can be accessed by Tileproxy? GE, VE, and Yahoo seem to have very little res for France (probably suspicious of Americans wanting to peek in their backyard!). Would love to fly the route we took by road a few years ago around this beautiful country.(URL is www.geoportail.fr )Rob

Guest cbuchner1

The answer is a clear "maybe"visu-2d.geoportail.fr/geoweb/mapsUxGk23cWGzN.jpgTheir URLs appear to use a Base64 coordinate encoding (see above). Support for this would have to be added to Tileproxy's nettile.dll explicitly.Note that the tiles are heavily watermarked and then there's Terms of Use in French that I can only partially understand.

Guest Rob_man

Thanks for having a look Christian. Its not as if you haven't given us enough to play with already.While I'm asking about more goodies though, is it likely you'll add in support for 2nd and subsequent captchas? (eg. from GE)Rob

Guest cbuchner1

the 2nd and subsequent captchas problem is tricky.On 64 bit Windows I get lovely crashes instead, whereason 32 bit Windows sometimes the 2nd captcha does not appearat all ;-)Still looking into this issue.