Sign in to follow this  
Guest AndyWebber

correct way to close program?

Hi,I'm still having dificulties to properlly close the program. Please see my previous post bellow:http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...=2036&mode=fullI managed to do it sometimes by closing I think it was FLTMC.exe from the task manager, but now it won't close. It's been a month since I last used this and I cannot remember the proceedure I did before that worked, so if possible a mini-tutorial on the proper way to close and restart without having to logoff and login to windows again. Thanks all.Andy

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

usually closing the Tileproxy "DOS box" and Restarting flight Simulator X (or picking an ENTIRELY different flight location, i.e. the opposite side of the globe) will get rid of all effects of Tileproxy.The "unload filter driver" option sometimes hangs the process (and the system shutdown also). I advise not to use it. I might even remove the menu item from the start menu in the next release version. Before using "unload", you have to terminate the running Tileproxy process by closing its DOS box. I use it mostly for development purposes when I want to replace the currently running filter driver instance with a changed variant / version.The reason it is not always working is unknown to me. I do not have the debugging tools to find out which open handle or lock is preventing the filter driver from unloading. For this I would likely have to get a checked version of the windows kernel, which is only available to commercial developers (or MSDN subscribers).