Sign in to follow this  
Guest ha5mvo

TP and the providers browser

Guest ha5mvo

Hi,Is it possible that there is a discrepancy between what you see in the browser and what's provided through the URL TP is using?G had extended their hi-res coverage lately. This is now seen not only on GE but also on GM, however, when I load an area with new coverage, TP still gives me the old.To be specific, I was trying to download the area around LLBG and northward. Until recently it had only lower res tiles available. Since a few days now the area IS covered (and you can see it in the browser). TP however does not download those new areas and I still get the old low-res coverage.At first I thought it was an old cached scenery and that TP for whatever reason is ignoring the new tiles but when I tried using FSEarth-Tiles to check whether it could "see" the new area, I got a picture similar to what I saw with TP.So, is it possible that the browser gets its tiles from one url and TP gets it from another (that's not updated yet)?

Guest cbuchner1

Two reasons:the map version parameter in the URL must be bumped up. For example from 21 to 22...And you would have to flush the cache.service folder of that service. Right now the map version is not stored in this cache folder, so older files would still supersede newer versions on the server.

Guest jean-pierre peretti

>>Two reasons:>>the map version parameter in the URL must be bumped up. For>example from 21 to 22...>...Hi ChristianBtw, would'nt it be possible to establish some kind of survey of the different versions used by the providers? I am in fact not able to determine which version is currently in use, even with the tools you mentioned somewhere else...About TP beta 6, do you plan to release some preview #3 before getting your SP2, or do you think it is preferable to wait for that upgrade?Thanks a lot for the great job you do!RegardsJpPeretti

Guest ha5mvo

>>Two reasons:>>the map version parameter in the URL must be bumped up. For>example from 21 to 22...>>And you would have to flush the cache.service folder of that>service. Right now the map version is not stored in this cache>folder, so older files would still supersede newer versions on>the server.>Thanks a lot Christian! That certainly did the trick!! Now I need to find a way to get around G's continuous blocks (followed your advice for "softer" settings. seems to help a little, but I still need to reset my IP continuously) but that's an entirely different issue altogether :)

Guest wyoming

But I guess we're too little and too obnoxious at the same time.

Guest ha5mvo

>But I guess we're too little and too obnoxious at the same>time.??