Sign in to follow this  
Guest cbuchner1

Neat DirectX 9 hack...

FYI I have been able to generate a rectangular overlay over the FSX screen by means of hooking into the DirectX API. I am able to display anything I want. Text, graphics, whatever. This is for DirextX9 only, at this time.I might use this method to show Tileproxy status information, for example. Or a moving map, or both. ;)I might also start messing with the FSX shaders, textures, you name it. I have yet to discover and learn to control my new allmighty powers... hehe

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

>FYI I have been able to generate a rectangular overlay over>the FSX screen by means of hooking into the DirectX API. I am>able to display anything I want. Text, graphics, whatever.>This is for DirextX9 only, at this time.>>I might use this method to show Tileproxy status information,>for example. Or a moving map, or both. ;)>>I might also start messing with the FSX shaders, textures, you>name it. I have yet to discover and learn to control my new>allmighty powers... hehe>Great news! 2008 will be a terrific year!Good luck.JpP