Sign in to follow this  
Guest sstobbe

Water Color Experimentation Results

Spent some time in high resolution regions of Service Example 2, experimenting with different hexadecimal color assignments in Proxyuser.ini, to try to get the blend between coastal and deeper water as smooth as possible. I found that the following color is generally the most realistic:water_rgb=#001A1ASee screen shots using this color below; the first one is at CYVR Vancouver and the second one is near HESH Sharm El Sheik, Egypt. At colder seas, which are less green and more grey/blue, you might like this better:water_rgb=#000D1AThis handy website allows you to quickly fine tune RGB colors, and then convert to hexadecimal:http://www.colorschemer.com/online.html

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

You are right, with the standard FSX water shaders a darker color looks much better.I installed the shader patch that recently was posted on the avsim forums (no moon glare, different fresnel terms) and with this the default settings of Tileproxy look quite perfect. It appears that this patch accidentially reduced or removed the impact of the water's default color on the rendering.

>I installed the shader patch that recently was posted on the>avsim forums (no moon glare, different fresnel terms) and with>this the default settings of Tileproxy look quite perfect. It>appears that this patch accidentially reduced or removed the>impact of the water's default color on the rendering.I suppose you mean this: "FANTASTIC shader enhancement for water"http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...ing_type=searchI'm going to try that, too. The unrealistic reflections caused me to usually fly without water effects. I may change my preference thanks to this shader.

I couldn't get the download at that link to work, as it seems to be SP1 specific. Tried to find a SP2 version there, but the attachments had expired. Another place I should look?Thanks,