Sign in to follow this  
Guest wolfram_ravenwolf

Fixing blurries with Tileproxy

Guest wolfram_ravenwolf

This may already be something you thought about and might even plan for a future version, but here's an idea I've been pondering:One major problem with blurries is inherent in the way FSX displays scenery. The highest resolution is directly below the aircraft, with rings of lower levels of detail around the center. And it's loading scenery in a suboptimal order.After all, the most important scenery is the one right ahead of you in the direction you fly/look. When I fly straight ahead, I couldn't care less about the resolution directly below or behind of me, or to the side of me (as long as I don't look there). But since FSX may be busy updating scenery in an area I can't even see right now, I'm faced with blurry scenery in front of me.The solution would be to load scenery I see in front of me with a higher priority - and shift priorities when changing point of view. And scenery nearby is more important than far-away scenery. That's unfortunately not how FSX handles it - but maybe it's something you can change by hooking into it as you do with TileProxy.I'm looking for your comments about the feasibility of this...See ya-- Wolfram Ravenwolf

Guest cbuchner1

You might be surprised, but the terrain loading engine of FS9 was far more superior.It looked at a "cone" of tiles in front of the plane and loaded them first. This is why FS9, with less than 100 tiles per second, can still maintain a decent updating performance.Unfortunately I cannot currently tell FSX what tile to load first. This would require serious hacking and reverse engineering to change. About the same order of complexity as what the author of FSUIPC did to the weather engine to smoothen out the wind transitions between different altitudes.If I was into FSX 45 hours a week, I might do it. But then who pays for my living ;)