Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest spybaz

Question on radii and LOD levels

This program is my new addiction!So my two questions of the day are:1) How far out from the aircraft does this program look to download satellite imagery for. (i.e. if I pause or hover how far out(what radius) will the satellite terrain be mapped?2) My system can handle LOD 17, where available, but I am wondering what determines the drawing of these LOD levels...Is it altitude?Time on station hovering?Answers would be really appreciated without flamage of the author. I don't know, that is why I am asking. It is how one learns in life :)Thanks again for this program!!

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

1) entirely depends on your detail level radius setting in the FSX graphics settings2) ground radius around the air craft. Altitude seems not to be a factor (quite wasteful on resources actually). Also it takes enough time to load the highest detail, which is what limits your permissible air speed. At LOD17 you almost have to be in a ground hover to get the high def.Christian

Good info.Thanks!And thanks for these amazing little program you have developed (are developing?). Well done!Spy