Sign in to follow this  

Framerates not what I expected!

Can someone shed some light on this, or at leat help me make some adjustments?I just upgraded my computer which a few items and I did a fresh install of WinXP Pro. I installed FS2002 and the frame rates are a little dissapointing.Here are my specs:Pentium 4 1.5 GhzGeForce 4 TI 4200 128 mb RAM512 MB RDRAM120 Ghz HDI am getting about 15-20 FPS at places like LAX. I would think with a setup like this I should get much better rates than that. And it goes of course gets worse with weather/nighttime turned on. I have most of the settings set to max, but not all. I have shadows and reflections turned off. Does anyone have any ideas how to get more frame rates with a system such as this?Thanks for any help,Glenn

That's really not too awful bad! Just make sure for one that you always have the best/latest drivers for your video card and play with your settings to get the best out of your particular system. One thing you can do is make sure you have no background programs running. For me, that raises frame rates by 5 fps! Technically, you should always be running a 'clean' system with a complicated program like FS2002 if you want to squeeze every little fps out of it so you must make sure there is NOTHING running in the background. Cheers,Marchttp://vatsim.pilotmedia.fi/statusindicato...tor=OD1&a=a.jpg

I too was unhappy with my framerates when I recently purchased the ATI All In Wonder 9700 Pro.. It WAS running in a P4 1.5 Gig machine with 512 pc133 ram and winxp. But then I recently upgraded my motherboard and cpu. Now running p4 2.4 , 512mb of 2700 ddr ram and the 9700 Pro and now my frame rates rock! I am getting sometimes 50+ frames a second.. and with everything maxed it is typical to get 28-40 fps.

Guest ha5mvo

My settings r exactly(!) the same (well, mine is RDRAM) and I'm getting similar rates OR LESS.Glenn, maybe you can try turning AA OFF. I doubt you'll ever notice any difference in visual quality and it will give you a couple of frames.generally I find reference to FR's just by numbers to be misleading:position yourself in a 3rd party airport (say wilco's AP2002 - don't have it but read the reviews)+ dense customised AI, and even the latest and greatest hardware will be brought to its knees. Furthermore, go to spot view and look round your plane - your FRs may vary by 10 , 15 or more depending on the view angle and the scenery complexity.So,for those reasons, it's hard to say if the rates you're getting are good or bad - just too many variables.I ,for one, am quite happy with anything above 15.cheers//Mike

Those are not too bad at all!I have the same specs as you except i have a p4 2.4ghz, and those rates sound abpout right, heck they may even be better than mine!Fs is an extremely cpu hungry app, and with max settings iy can bring down the even cutting edge hardware to its knees.some tips which help me:1) run in windowed mode2) turn down/off aa3) turn down/off af3) turn down scenery