Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest SkullxBones

Saitek Pro Flight Switch Panel With Fsx 747 & Md-11

I've been thinking of getting the Saitek Pro Flight Switch Panel but wanted to make sure the switches work with the FSX version of the 747 and MD-11. Anyone using it?Jeff P.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I've been thinking of getting the Saitek Pro Flight Switch Panel but wanted to make sure the switches work with the FSX version of the 747 and MD-11. Anyone using it?Jeff P.
I've got the 747 and running FSX. I got the Saitek switch panel for Christmas. So far no joy getting it to work. The panel works fine with stock aircraft, but not working very well at all with the PMDG 747. Not a happy bunny so far :(It may be because I am using FSUIPC to configure my controls, but it seems that the switch panel can not be configured in the conventional method in FSX.. it has a module that has to be loaded and that configured what button does what in FSX. I am guessing that because the 747 is not a stock aircraft that the software that comes with the Saitek switch panel does not recognise it.

Thanks. Someone in another forum said Saitek is working on a patch to address this, but I haven't registered for their forum yet so I don't know for sure. I am also curious about the stuff from Desktopaviator Looks similar to the Saitek panel, not as nice looking but maybe more functional. They have a lot of other interesting products that I am looking at buying. Anyone use them?http://www.desktopaviator.com/index.htm

Thanks. Someone in another forum said Saitek is working on a patch to address this, but I haven't registered for their forum yet so I don't know for sure.
I wouldn't hold your breath for a patch. I've been over at the Saitek forums and they have no plans to fix it. The issue stems from Simconnect and the way the panel interacts with FSX. It's not actually classed as a joystick/game controller which is why you can't manually assign the buttons. I checked there a week or so ago and they still have no plans to change it. So I'm afraid it will only work with the stock aircraft.