Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jorandp

Paning Problems With Radeon Hd4850

Good morning. Could someone help ? I have just installed a new GC Radeon HD4850. While the card works fine most of time and keep a 30+ fps for any wheather situation, I am encountering problems when panning, turning on tarmac (strong stutters), as well as FS9 takes much more time to load, and access to menu is very long (wheather settings, option, etc).I wonder if the card installation did change something on my FS9.cfg or somewhere else in my system. It seems that the card controls the game, even the memory. For information, in my FS9.cdg, I have panrate at 900, texture bandwidth at 400 and vertex level at 21. Should I go back to more conservative settings here (is the card permorfing too well for those settings ?).Would appreciate if someone with similar experience could help me.Kind regardsPatrick Jorand, Geneva, Switzerland

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Good morning. Could someone help ? I have just installed a new GC Radeon HD4850. While the card works fine most of time and keep a 30+ fps for any wheather situation, I am encountering problems when panning, turning on tarmac (strong stutters), as well as FS9 takes much more time to load, and access to menu is very long (wheather settings, option, etc).I wonder if the card installation did change something on my FS9.cfg or somewhere else in my system. It seems that the card controls the game, even the memory. For information, in my FS9.cdg, I have panrate at 900, texture bandwidth at 400 and vertex level at 21. Should I go back to more conservative settings here (is the card permorfing too well for those settings ?).Would appreciate if someone with similar experience could help me.Kind regardsPatrick Jorand, Geneva, Switzerland
Try ensuring that AI is set to "STandard" and the "Adaptive antialiasing" is turned OFF. I found this eliminated stutters in Forgotten Battles (Granted it is a different game).