Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest Pelorus

Adventure Tour Race Anyone?

Hello everyone! Just some quick background..... I've been using Flight Simulator off and on since I owned Flight Simulator 2 for the Commodore 64. Anyways, I've decided to start virtual flying again. Problem is, I often got bored quickly as I felt there was no purpose to the flying. So I have decided to design an Around the World Adventure Tour 'Race.'My plan is to fly around the world, making stops on all continents. I have been working on a set of rules I will follow for the adventure tour covering various aspects (realism settings, minimum stops per continent, how to handle crashes, things like that, etc.I have incorporated numerous mandatory stops at some of the most notorious airports in the world. Other than the listed mandatory stops, the remaining legs are of the 'choose your own route' type. I think this will be interesting due to the mandatory stops and freedom of choice between these stops which will require some route planning. Route planning could make a huge difference in the overall time. In addition, fuel management, flying skills, and navigation skills will be challenged.I have decided that it will not be much of a race if I am doing this by myself, so if there is any interest, I will post my general ideas and everyone is welcome to participate as well. The race will not be run in real time, but rather based on the cumulative flight time so there is no hurry, you can fly at your own pace. I fully expect my adventure tour to take a very long time.Let me know if there is any interest and I will post the criteria.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!